I’m cutting to the chase on this weeks Man Bait recipe and just telling you up front it’s Spinach and Artichoke dip…..Every time I go out to eat and there is Spinach & Artichoke dip on the menu, my fiancé and I always always always order it. Whenever anyone has it at a Super Bowl party, it’s always the first thing to go. Why is something with green vegetables so god damn good!!!!????
I have tried many times to perfect this recipe and lucky for you guys, I think I finally nailed it….
Recipe: Crock Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Pair with: Rosè All Day and/or Light Beer
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- Tortilla chips and Semolina bread for dipping
- Place artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, milk, mayonnaise, vinegar and black pepper into a slow cooker. Stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Uncover and stir until cream cheese is well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips or Semolina bread
There you have it. It’s really simple and extremely delicious and I guess kinda healthy? (It’s actually not that healthy but you can tell yourself it is since it has Spinach in it)!…Eat the whole crock pot full of it, who cares! That’s what I do. Also, you can pretty much pair this dip with any alcohol but from what I’ve read online, Rosè for the wine and any light beer will compliment the flavors of the dip very well. I personally like to double fist and have wine in one hand and light beer in the other while someone feeds me the dip. Just living my best life over here.
Enjoy and you’re welcome!!!