As 2020 comes down to the last few months, I think we can all agree, we can not wait for this year to be over. I sit back and reflect to those more simple days of what it was like a DECADE ago…
- Phillies ace Roy Halladay pitches only the 2nd no-hitter in MLB postseason history in Game 1 NLDS against the Cincinnati Reds. Honestly, one of the best moments of being a Phillies fan.
2. Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger launch Instagram. Who would have thought how popular this app would become with selfie game, foodies and influencers.
3. Taylor Swift released her 3rd studio album “Speak Now” which had the songs Mine, Sparks Fly, Back to December, Mean and my favorite Enchanted.
4. Katy Perry and Russel Brand tied the knot. This was the couple you never knew you needed.
5. G6 was the No.1 Song and let me tell you, we were all singing the wrong words
6. Ben Harper divorces actress Laura Dern due to irreconcilable differences after 5 years of marriage.
7. Penn Badgley and Blake Lively, Gossip Girl stars who played Dan and Serena call it quits. The heartbreak was real but little did I know the younger me would love Blake with Ryan Reynolds.
8. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills debut on Bravo and man on man this was just the start.
9. Jonas aired its last episode on the Disney Channel. Yes, it was weird to see them on the Disney Channel but anything for Joe.
10. Hilary Duff became a young adult author, Elixir.
11. Copiapó mining accident in Chile comes to an end as all 33 miners arrive at the surface after surviving a record 69 days underground
12. Bruno Mars released the song Just the Way You Are and had girls swooning.
13. The Walking Dead premiered on AMC on in fact October 31.
14. Taylor Swift sparks romantic sparks with Jake Gyllenhaal. Just another lover to her list.
15. Courteney Cox and David Arquette surprised everyone by announcing they were divorcing after 11 years of marriage.
It was a decade to sure remember. Let me know what lyrics you were singing. As always you can find me doing Kelsey’s Korner on the Ginger Thread podcast or follow me on Twitter @whatkELSEisnew