Kentucky Derby is already here. I consider it the official kick off to the spring season. Weather is starting to constantly staying warmer and this weekend is a perfect time to do a little day drinking. By the time the race starts around 6:45 you and your pals should be pretty tuned up. No better excuse to lay some bets on the ponies.
This year will be like every other Derby and that means horses with the best names in sports. Smarty Jones and American Pharaoh should have been boxers in the 1930’s with those names. We have a whole batch of new horse names so I thought what the hell. Let’s turn this into a game, so I give you:
Kentucky Derby Horse or Something I Just Made Up!!!!!!!
I’ll give you 10 “names” you have to guess if it’s the name of a horse in the Derby or just something I made up. Answers at the bottom. No peaking.
- Lucky 7
- Neigh Sayer
- Master Fencer
- Creaky Floor
- Long Range Toddy
- Shark Blood
- The Curse Of The Oak
- Omaha Beach
- Roadster – Horse. Start you off easy. Roadster = fast. Horse = fast. Roadster = Horse
- Tax – Horse. I know, what does tax have to do with horse racing? Literally nothing but that’s just the derby for ya.
- Lucy 7 – Made up. You might have been thinking this is horse easy, you’d be wrong so sorry.
- Neigh Sayer – Made up. Feel like this one could have went either way. Don’t feel bad if you got tripped up, this will most likely be a horse’s name in the future if it hasn’t been already.
- Master Fencer – Horse. So stupid this one might have been the easiest one of them all.
- Creaky Floor – Made up. I have old wood floors. Just top of mind at the time I wrote this.
- Long Range Toddy – Horse. This is a spectacular name. Have to be rooting for LRT. Would also be a top notch name for a drink.
- Shark Blood – Made up. So stupid it could have been real but unfortunately not.
- The Curse Of The Oak – Made up. Sounds rich. Anything with the word Oak does really. Oak tree, poison oak, Oak-lahoma. All rich people shit.
- Omaha Beach – Horse. Actually the favorite to win the whole thing. Favorites have taken the past couple years so the underdogs are due. Stay away from Omaha Beach.