So I’m going to the Mets game tonight and they play the Cincinnati Reds so I figured why not get all their fans drunk so when we beat them they aren’t that upset! Haha just kidding, Mets suck lately and hopefully they get their shit together real soon!
I found this amazing twist on an old fashioned on the blog Drink Wire called a Cherry Whisky Smash. You can use whisky or bourbon whichever you prefer. It’s red in color with a cherry base which is perfect for the team I am recognizing today! If you like whisky or bourbon and a good old fashioned, this drink is worth a pour!
Major League Team: Cincinnati Reds
Major League Drink: Cherry Whisky Smash
-1 oz whisky or bourbon
-1 oz tart cherry juice (they sell this in Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s)
-0.5 oz amaretto
-0.5 oz ginger brandy
-2 oz cola
-5 maraschino cherries
Mix It Up:
1. Add maraschino cherries to the bottom of the glass and muddle them until they look smashed then add ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker, add your whisky or bourbon, cherry juice, amaretto and brandy and shake until we’ll combined.
3. Strain into your glass with muddled cherries and ice.
4. Top remainder of glass off with cola and garnish with additional cherries.
5. Sit back, relax and enjoy watching some baseball!