It’s FriYAY which means it’s time to get your drink on. In my opinion there is no better way to do that than with a brand new cocktail to add to your Rolodex.
With that being said, it’s time to introduce MLB team number 4 for Major League Drinks.
But first, let’s recap who we have covered so far this season…New York Mets, New York Yankees and the Chicago Cubs. There is a pattern here. I’m starting off with the favorite teams of the Branded Sports crew so yes, Boston fans, YOU are up next!
I found this refreshing and tasty recipe here and realized I have absolutely had something similar to this before. If you like iced tea with a little kick, then you’re going to love this cocktail! Also, the good weather is right around the corner so it’s perfect timing for what I’m about to share with you!
MLB Team: Boston Red Sox
Major League Drink: The Boston Tea Party
– 4 to 5 iced tea bags (Lipton is fine)
-5 Tablespoons St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
-1.5 cups white rum
-3/4 cup dry vermouth
-1 teaspoon Bitters (or as people say in Boston, “Bittahs”)
-3/4 cup cold water
Mix It Up:
1. Combine the tea packets and the vermouth in a large pitcher and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Add water, rum, St-Germain and bitters.
3. Cover and let chill for one hour in the fridge.
4. Pour drink over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
5. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
You’re welcome, BOSTON.