I’m going to keep this short and sweet because I have step by step pictures for this blog and really that’s all ya really need!
Today, April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day which means it’s one of the top 5 days in the whole calendar in my opinion.
I’m a huge, HUGE fan of Peanut Butter and Jelly. It’s my go to sandwich when I need a quick bite.
I don’t discriminate against peanut butter. I like chunky, smooth, honey flavored, you name it. I have Jiffy, Skippy and Peter Pan brand in my pantry. I also don’t discriminate against jelly either. Sometimes I feel like strawberry and sometimes I feel like grape. Then there are even times I make my own! I’m a peanut butter and jelly connoisseur if I do say so myself.
So, for Man Bait today I’m literally making a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich to pay tribute to the holiday.
-Peanut butter of your choice
-Jelly of your choice
-2 slices of potato bread (my personal favorite)
1. Place 2 slices of bread on counter or plate and lay flat.
2. Scoop a generous amount of peanut butter (I went with smooth Peter Pan Brand today) and spread evenly onto the left piece of bread (this is a very important step-do not do the right side. Peanut butter always belongs on the left).
3. Scoop a generous amount of jelly (I went with Smucker’s low sugar strawberry today) and spread evenly on the right piece of bread.
4. Smash the peanut butter sided bread onto the jelly sided bread to create a beautiful masterpiece sandwich.
5. Lastly, cut a diagonal line down the sandwich and enjoy your beautiful and delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Step by step pictures below in case you find this a tad big complicated: