I buy a lot of bananas this time of year. They are always in season and they’re super inexpensive. The thing with bananas is that if they go bad, you can still use them to make one of my most favorite things: BANANA BREAD.
Today I’m going to give you a super easy but super delicious banana bread recipe to avoid throwing away your bad bananas! Also, lucky for you all I was in the mood to make this amazingness this morning, so I have step by step pictures for you at the end of the blog!
Recipe: Murt’s Easy Banana Bread
– 3 very ripe bananas (they should be brown on the outside)
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 3/4 cup white sugar
– 1 large egg (beaten)
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash your bananas with a fork until they are completely smooth then stir in your melted butter.
3. Mix in the baking soda, salt, sugar, vanilla and beaten egg until really well combined.
4. Add in the flour a half a cup a time and mix well. Let the mixture rest about 5 minutes.
5. Take a loaf pan and spray with non stick spray before adding the batter. (You can either use a larger 8 x 4 inch pan or 2 smaller ones whichever you have).
6. Add the batter to the greased loaf pan and bake in your oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Remove pans from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. The bread should slide right out of the pans and be ready to serve!
*Note: feel free to add chocolate chips, nuts, honey or any other mix ins to your batter! It will still bake the same.
Step by step pictures below:
Let me know what you think on Twitter and have a great week!