It has been SO FREAKING COLD the last few days. Seriously it’s the type of weather where you get into your car and just start screaming “FUCK” until you feel warm enough to start driving.
With that being said, I am giving you the ultimate comfort food dish for a cozy night inside where you are wrapped up in your blankets and sweatpants. When I think of “comfort food” I immediately think of casseroles. Just a whole bunch of carbs and cheese and yumminess all rolled into one delicious dish. YAAAAAASSSS!
Recipe: French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
Pair with: a bold Cabernet – the ultimate comfort, warm and cozy wine!
-4 cups cooked chopped chicken
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-16 ounce container French Onion Dip
-1 cup cheddar cheese
-12 ounce egg noodles
-1 cup fried french onions
1. Cook egg noodles according to package, drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, French Onion dip, and cheddar cheese and then stir in the cooked egg noodles.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased Pyrex dish and top with the crushed fried French onions.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve immediately!
It’s so simple, yet so delicious and will warm you right up!