I skipped a week of Man Bait because of the holidays and being off work so I decided for this week I’m going to present a type of food I haven’t done yet in my segment…..SEAFOOD. Yummy, delicious fresh shrimp. If you’re allergic to sea food, we’ll I feel super sorry for you.
Lately I’ve been on a seafood kick. Salmon, shrimp, lobster etc….it all is amazing to me. I know when the New Year starts, everyone tries to eat healthier. I typically eat pretty healthy all the time, except when it comes to pizza but that’s a whole other story. Anyway, last year, I tried the Whole 30 diet and literally lasted 21 days so I did what I like to call the “Whole 21” diet. During those 21 days, I discovered a coconut shrimp recipe that was honestly out of this world and so easy to do. It became a weekly dinner for me I loved it so much. If you’re into shrimp, and trying to eat better, this is the recipe for you and the best part is, after you taste it, you won’t even understand how it’s a Whole 30 recipe, it’s that good.
Recipe: Coconut Lime Shrimp
Pair with: Pina colada? To go with the whole coconut theme??
-1 pound of medium shrimp (peeled & deveined)
-2 tablespoons cilantro
-half of a lime
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
-1 cup coconut milk
-1 tablespoon siracha
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-salt and pepper to season
1. Take your shrimp and season with salt and pepper
2. In a medium saucepan, heat up your olive oil and then dump seasoned shrimp in the sauce pan
3. Once the shrimp is pink on both sides (about 2-4 minutes per side), squeeze the lime juice over top and put the minced garlic in and stir
4. Next, pour the coconut milk and siracha into the saucepan and stir your shrimp. Let this simmer for a good 3 minutes so that the shrimp really soaks up coconut milk.
5. Place the shrimp into bowls and pour some of the juice from pan over top
6. Top with cilantro and ENJOY!!!