I think by now everyone who reads Man Bait knows that I like making and drinking fun cocktails. I’ve done recipes on Sangria, “Manmosa’s,” Margaritas, you name it! Something you may not know about me however is that I am queen of the Jell-O shots! I am that friend who brings Jell-O shots to all of the holiday parties. Literally my fridge will be stocked with hundreds of different colors and flavors to get everyone twisted!
Below is a video of my fridge prior to my friends 4th of July party:
So what I’m about to share with you is absolutely perfect for the upcoming holidays if you want to present something fun and boozy to your family and friends for Christmas or New Years Eve.
I’m not talking about just any ordinary Jell-O shot….I’m talking about my very special CHAMPAGNE (and Vodka) Jell-O Shots!
They’re like a regular Jell-O shot, but classier.
Recipe: Boozy Champagne Jell-O Shots
Pair with: More shots (obviously)
Ingredients: (this recipe makes about 20 shots)
-3 cups of Champagne or Prosecco
-1/2 cup lemonade
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1/3 cup sugar
-4 envelopes of unflavored gelatin (I use Knox brand)
-1/2 cup of Vodka
-2oz Jell-O shot cups (you can buy them here)
-Colorful sugar sprinkles
1. Combine 2 cups champagne/Prosecco, lemon juice and sugar in saucepan and stir. (Do not turn on burner yet)
2. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it soften for about 2 minutes in the mixture.
3. Turn on your burner and stir in the gelatin until it has completely dissolved, (about 2-3 minutes) then remove saucepan from heat.
4. Stir in remaining champagne, vodka and lemonade into the mixture.
5. Pour your mixture into the Jell-O shot cups and put the tops on them.
6. Chill the cups in the fridge until ready to use (they need at least 3-4 hours to firm up).
7. When the shots are done, they should pop right out of the cups! Sprinkle with colored sugar and enjoy being classy!
You will be the life of the party with these because they taste amazing but they sneak up on ya REAL QUICK! Enjoy getting your family and friends drunk off Jell-O this holiday season!