It has been a while since I did a breakfast food on Man Bait. Actually, the last time I did, was when I wrote about my “Meaggy Pancakes” which were a huge hit if I do say so myself.
But now it’s time to cut to the chase. WAFFLES. Not just any waffles. Big, fluffy, sweet and delicious BELGIUM WAFFLES! Sometimes you feel like pancakes and sometimes you feel like waffles. The beauty of these two breakfast foods is that they use very similar ingredients, (with some modifications of course), BUT they taste completely different! Get ready to lick your lips and go buy a waffle iron on amazon. I bought mine for like $20. So worth it.
Recipe: MURT’S THICK & FLUFFY BELGIUM WAFFLES
Pair with: Mimosas (duh).
-1 cup flour
-1/4 cup cornstarch
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup buttermilk
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1 egg (separated-the yolk in 1 bowl and egg white in another)
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-Non stick spray
-Optional Toppings: strawberries, bananas, Nutella & cool whip
1. In a bowl, beat the egg white until it forms stiff peaks at the tips (it will turn very white).
2. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
3. Next add the milk, melted butter, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla and mix until combined leaving some lumps. You do not want to over mix.
4. Gently fold in the egg whites until just combined then set your batter aside for about 20 minutes to rise a little.
5. Heat up your waffle iron and spray both sides with non stick spray.
6. Pour your waffle batter onto middle of waffle iron and follow instructions according to your waffle iron until waffle is a light golden brown.
7. Serve immediately and top with powdered sugar and optional toppings. (I like strawberries and cool whip-see below).
My fiancé and I devoured these in about 7 seconds. So delicious. Pair with a mimosa. Mainly Prosecco with a drop of OJ. That’s how real people drink mimosas where I come from.
Anyway-breakfast rules and these are so good you can eat them for dinner if you want, too.
Let me know what you think on my Twitter @Moomer723
Follow @Branded_Sports on Twitter