Ugly ugly ugly loss in Tampa. Hopefully it’s the last time we see Foles under center in an Eagles uniform ever again. Not because he was bad, actually the opposite. It’s because number 11 is the truth. Let’s jump right into the recap.
– First and foremost. Jalen Mills.
First play of the game and he gets burnt. Now I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt slightly because Jenkins bit HARD.
But he continued to get worked all game long and in the fourth quarter was called for an obvious penalty on 3rd and 3 that basically sealed the deal for Tampa. Mills has become a joke amongst fans with his inability to defend a double move. Also, never good when this self centered try hard fake fan prick is coming to your defense.
Actually she played better D than he did today. I bet she will bring up the face mask and yes it should have been called but he also was holding everywhere on that play. Not to re-mention but he was getting worked all day. It’s time for Jones to get the start outside. Mills can go change his hair color and uniform for that matter.
– I can’t believe the 180 I’ve done with Doug since his first year but I have 100000% faith in him to right the ship. Went for it on a big 4th and 4 that people might kill him for but I fully trust him. Birds being down 27-7 and fighting until the every end shows he has this team in the right mindset.
– Nick Foles had a good game and his TD pass was more than impressive.
Foles went 35/48 (72.9%) for 334 yards (7.0 average), one touchdown, zero interceptions, and a 98.8 passer rating. I expected him to have a good game, he has done it to Tampa before. With that being said. This team needs their franchise quarterback back, bad. He looked great in pregame and Branded’s source confirmed he’ll be back for week 3 at home vs the Colts.
– Eagles defense doesn’t travel well but they should feast next week. https://twitter.com/joegigliosports/status/1041424642299363329?s=21
Luck was better today but still not elite form. With Eagles looking to bounce back after yesterday, I’d hate to be Luck next week.
– Two weeks in a row Ryan Fitzpatrick looked like Aaron Rodgers. 27/33 404 yards and 4 touchdowns. Hell of a day at the office and Fitz swagger on a billion. Have to respect it.
– Desean Jackson = Eagles killer
– Take a lesson from big Cox himself. Everything is going to be ok.
This time next week Eagles will be 2-1 and still top dogs in the East. Go Birds!!!