So I’ve been MIA for literally 10 days. I was actually in Maui, Hawaii with my sisters and my mom for a girls trip and the boys at Branded instructed me to enjoy myself and not worry about the site so that’s exactly what I did. Thanks guys! THEN immediately after Hawaii, I went to Pittsburgh to run the Tough Mudder and ended up getting engaged after the race! So basically it’s been the best fucking week of my life.
Now that I have made you jealous of my life this week, I need to give you the best fucking Mac & Cheese recipe to go along with how god damn happy I am and if Mac & Cheese doesn’t make you happy then don’t read my blog ever again because we can’t be friends! Just kidding. We can still be friends, but I’ll just silently judge you a little bit because well, cheese is life.
Before I begin making this amazing recipe, I always like to start with a prayer….
Please never ever let me become lactose intolerant.
Ok…. Are you ready for the most amazing, tastiest, cheesiest, most delicious crock pot Mac & Cheese ever???
Recipe: Murt’s Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
Beer to pair: Brooklyn Brown Ale
1 14oz can of evaporated milk
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4oz cream cheese (half a block)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup provolone cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups cooked al dente macaroni (I like to use spiral, elbow or shell shaped)
1. Spray your crock pot with non stick spray and plug that baby in putting your crockpot on low heat.
2. After you cook your pasta to al dente, put it in the bottom of the crock pot.
3. Add in the provolone, cheddar and parmesan cheese along with the sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, salt & pepper then stir in all these ingredients mixing them together.
4. Add the entire can of evaporated milk and the cup of whole milk over top of the mixture.
5. Put the top on and cook on low heat for about 2 hours stirring once or twice half way through.
6. If you want it a little more creamy, stir in another half cup of milk or evaporated milk.
7. Once it’s done and hot enough for your liking, say a silent prayer in my honor thanking the lord for making me a human so I could share this orgasmic recipe with you.
Yes-it is THAT good.
The best beer to pair with Mac & Cheese is any kind of brown ale. They are robust enough to stand up to the creamy cheese sauce, but not to over powering that the combination becomes heavy. I personally LOVE Brooklyn Ale beers. Since I live in Queens, NY I frequent Brooklyn quite a bit and they make good beer. You can also buy them in most grocery stores as 6 packs. I would pair this recipe with their Brooklyn Brown Ale.
This is the best recipe for football Sunday at home with your friends because it’s filling enough that you won’t have to make too much food AND it’s so delicious, your friends will probably buy the beer for you. It’s a win win!
Mac and Cheese is also the king of all comfort foods, so if you were a Bears fan on Sunday night, I apologize for not giving you this recipe sooner (that was for you, Eric).
Enjoy and lemme know what you think after you stuff your face.